Can Schools Open Again? – level 2
Schools around the world closed because of the coronavirus. Now, schools are beginning to reopen, and many parents ask if they are safe for their children.
Deborah Birx is the coronavirus coordinator of the US government. She says that in the US, it depends on where the school is because in some parts of the country, there are still many cases of COVID-19.
Schools get information from the government; however, some information is not clear, and schools can interpret it differently. Schools need to follow some rules; however, each school is different. Some schools could have outdoor classes, and some schools could use a gym.
Birx says that it is necessary that schools use fans to get enough fresh air.
Difficult words: coordinator (a person who organizes activities and checks that people work together well), interpret (to understand what something means), fan (a device that moves and it makes the air fresh and cool).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.