Cheaper Smartphones – level 3
Reports show that the iPhone 11 has been the bestselling smartphone in the first half of 2020. It exceeded last year´s top seller in the same period, the iPhone XR, by 10.8 million more units. Experts say that a part of the success is due to price cuts.
Google also worked to lower the cost of their Pixel models. A report claims that the new Pixel 5 will be about $650 dollars, and their Pixel 4a 5G model is even cheaper at $499 dollars. To reduce the cost, Google reportedly designed its 4a with fewer parts to reduce the need for extra labor or materials.
Experts say that price cuts may incentivize users to get new hardware, especially as the life cycle of a smartphone has been steadily increasing.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.