Cheetahs return to India – level 1
The cheetah is the fastest land animal on earth. In the past, cheetahs live in India. They disappear 70 years ago. Last week, cheetahs return to India. Eight animals travel 8,000 kilometers from Namibia.
They will live in a national park. The park has 5,000 square kilometers. Many other animals live there. 12 more cheetahs will come there. They will come from South Africa next month.
Some people criticize the expensive project. They say that it is not good that African animals live in India. Some people also worry that other animals or people will kill the cheetahs.
Difficult words: disappear (to be gone), national park (a large area of land where animals and plants are safe), criticize (to say why something is not good).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos