China wants peace talks – level 1
One year ago, Russia attacks Ukraine. The first anniversary is on Friday 24th February.
On Friday, China releases a document. In the document, the country says that it wants the end of the war. China wants peace. It is the only way how to stop a nuclear attack. Russia and Ukraine also must not attack people in cities and towns.
Some media say that Russia wants drones from a Chinese company. Chinese officials strongly deny it. China does not give guns or equipment to Russia or Ukraine. China never does it and it never will.
Difficult words: anniversary (the date on which something happens in the past), peace (the time when there is not a war), to deny (to say that something is not true).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think China released the document to stop a nuclear attack?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos