China’s visa-free policy – level 3
China’s recent visa-free travel policy, implemented on December 1, has positively impacted tourism.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs aims to continually adjust visa policies to enhance cross-border travel conditions. Approximately 7,000 out of nearly 18,000 travelers from France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, and Malaysia entered China in the initial three days of December. Daily average tourist numbers from these countries increased by 39% in the first three days compared to the last day of November.
This move is part of China’s efforts to revive its tourism sector post-COVID-19 restrictions. The government also seeks to improve its global image, as revealed by a recent survey that indicated negative perceptions of China in 24 countries.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What impact has China's recent visa-free travel policy had on cross-border tourism and the country's global image?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.