Chinese Moon Landing – level 1
China sends a spacecraft to the moon. It does this at the start of 2019. It sends the spacecraft to the far side of the moon.
The spacecraft is the first spacecraft to go to the far side. People usually only send spacecraft to the near side. This is because there must be communication between Earth and the spacecraft.
China solves this problem. There is another spacecraft behind the moon. The spacecraft on the moon and people from Earth send information to it. This is how the spacecraft communicates with the Earth.
China wants to study a crater of the moon. It is one of the biggest and oldest craters. It can tell us about the moon’s evolution.
Difficult words: spacecraft (a machine which can travel in space), solve (understand a problem and make it go away), crater (a space in the ground), evolution (how something changes to how it is now).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.