Chinese Moon Landing – level 2
At the start of 2019, China landed a spacecraft on the far side of the moon. Nobody did this in the past. People only sent spacecraft to the near side of the moon because spacecraft need to face Earth if they want to communicate with us.
Chinese scientists found a solution for this. They sent a satellite 64,000 kilometres behind the moon. This satellite will send information between Earth and the spacecraft on the moon.
There will be a car which will go on the moon’s surface. The car will visit one of the moon’s largest and oldest craters. Scientists hope to find and study material from the deep moon’s crater. They want to understand the moon’s evolution better. They want to understand how the crater was formed.
Difficult words: spacecraft (a vehicle which can travel in space), face (see), crater (space in the ground).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos