Cleaner Future – level 3
As the coronavirus pandemic has filled hospitals, challenged populations, and decimated economies, it may be opening a door for new, sustainable future.
The International Energy Agency released a special report on sustainable recovery from the COVID-19 economic meltdown. The organization of 30 nations, that is based in Paris, France, is calling for global investments in clean energy technologies to broaden the recovery from the worst global economic shock since the 1930s. The agency said that the crisis gave governments a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transit from fossil fuels to a cleaner energy future.
The goal is to modernize building construction, transportation systems and the electrical grid while cutting down on carbon emissions.
Difficult words: decimate (to reduce something dramatically), sustainable (methods that do not harm the environment and that use natural resources that are available in the future), meltdown (a collapse).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.