Climate Fund – level 2
Twenty-seven countries agreed to pay $9.8 billion to the Green Climate Fund. These countries want to help the world’s poorest countries fight climate change.
However, the US and Australia do not want to help. In the past, the US agreed to pay $3 billion to the fund, but when Donald Trump became president, he lowered the help to $1 billion.
The Climate Action Network is not very happy with the US and Australian way of thinking. They separate themselves from the rest of the world.
The boss of the fund hopes to get some more money and to double the fund in the next four years.
Difficult words: fund (the money which somebody saves and then uses it for something special), climate change (the change of weather, temperature and nature on our planet over many years), separate (to stay away from others).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos