Coffee Shop Car – level 3
A Jordanian, Fadi Ahmed, has turned his Volkswagen Beetle into a coffee shop.
Ahmed works as a driver in a private company, and he spotted a similar car years ago. He decided to buy his car and open his project in 2019 to help him save his expenses. He serves roadside hot drinks and herbs every morning as an additional source of income that helps him meet the requirements of life.
Sometimes customers wait for him if he is only a few minutes late while some people are impatient when they have to wait for their drinks to get ready. The green car attracts drivers’ attention, and they are curious to see how their coffee is prepared. Surprisingly, the process is very clean and the coffee is delicious, too. Ahmad used to open his coffee shop only in the month of Ramadan; however, with the coronavirus outbreak, he started to serve coffee from it daily.
Difficult words: expense (the cost required for something), additional (added or extra), Ramadan (the ninth month of the Muslim year during which people don’t eat during the day).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos