Congo beer factory – level 1
Congo is a poor country. Most people live on less than 2 dollars a day.
A French company builds a beer factory in Beni. The factory is very important for local people. Many of them work there. Between 2013 and 2021, the production of beer grows. Last year, the company builds a second filling line.
There are problems with rebel groups. The area is dangerous. Workers cannot deliver beer to some places. Also, some roads are very bad. It takes a long time to get beer to some places.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.