Coronavirus and Blood Type – level 1
Four types of blood exist. The blood types are A, B, AB and 0. Every type is different. The blood type can affect some diseases.
In the past, scientists discover that many people with SARS have blood type A. Scientists think that the blood type can affect the coronavirus, too. Scientists in the UK study thousands of people with COVID-19. 2,000 people have serious COVID-19. Thousands of other people have only mild COVID-19.
Scientists compare these people´s blood types. The result is very interesting. People with blood type A have more health problems and more serious COVID-19. People with blood type 0 do not have so many health problems. Sometimes, people with blood type 0 have no COVID-19 symptoms at all.
Difficult words: SARS (a serious disease that makes problems with breathing), compare (to check more things and see how similar or different they are), symptom (when you can tell that you have a certain disease because of how you feel or look).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.