Coronavirus and Business – level 1
In New York, there is a special market. Big companies do business there. Last week is very bad for business. Many companies lose money.
In other countries, the situation is similar. These countries are, for example, Japan, Italy, and Germany.
Experts say that the coronavirus is the problem. People are afraid of the virus. It is very bad for business and shops. People do not want to travel. It is bad for tourism.
There are 83,000 people sick with coronavirus in the world. It is a problem all over the world. The situation is very serious.
However, US officials say that US people are safe. The risk for US people is not high.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.