Coronavirus and Restaurants – level 1
The coronavirus is in the US. Restaurants are closed. Now, the situation gets better. Restaurants can open again.
However, the owners must follow some rules. Tables in restaurants must be six feet from each other. Restaurant workers must wear masks. Fewer people can be in a restaurant at one time.
In every US state, the rules are different. In some states, restaurants can open earlier than in other states. However, owners say that the rules are too strict.
Owners cannot make enough money. They keep their restaurants closed. Other owners have interesting ideas. For example, one owner puts shower curtains between tables.
Restaurant guests must wash their hands. It is important that everyone follows the rules. It is the best way to stop the coronavirus.
Difficult words: owner (a person who has something, and it belongs to him), rule (what people must or must not do), shower curtain (a piece of plastic that is in the shower, and when someone takes a shower, he pulls it closed and it keeps the water in the shower).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.