Coronavirus and Restaurants – level 2
Restaurants across the US are opening again. There are some rules that they must follow. For example, fewer people can be in a restaurant at one time, tables must be six feet apart, and the staff must wear masks.
However, the rules are different in every state. One of the first states that opened restaurants was Georgia. However, many owners did not open because it was difficult to make enough money. The rules were too strict.
In Ohio, restaurants opened their outdoor area first. One owner put shower curtains between tables. This helped increase the number of people that could sit at one table. The owner could not use Plexiglas because it was too expensive and difficult to set up.
Restaurant guests must wash their hands and follow the rules. It is the best way to keep everyone healthy.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.