Coronavirus crisis in India – level 2
In the past weeks, the number of new COVID-19 cases in India was more than 350,000 people every day. It brought many problems because hospitals did not have enough oxygen.
Many people died without any treatment because hospitals in the capital city of Delhi were full. Families burned dead bodies outside, and it was possible to see the flames throughout the night. The US and many European countries sent materials for vaccines, ventilators, and other help, and they hoped that it would help stop the crisis.
Rich people started to leave the country. They were just some of the richest people in the country. Families, who could afford to pay, booked a private plane and they escaped to Europe and the Middle East.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.