Coronavirus Vaccine – level 1
A government official tells a news organization about a possible coronavirus vaccine. The government official does not want people to know who he is. People are working on the vaccine in Seattle, Washington, USA.
The news organization says that 45 young and healthy volunteers are helping. They are going to get shots of the vaccine. This is to find out if the vaccine has serious side effects.
This is a big step to make a vaccine. However, health officials say that it can take 18 months to know if the vaccine works.
Difficult words: vaccine (a medication that can protect a person against a sickness), volunteer (a person who does something for no money), serious side effect (a bad thing that can happen when you take a medication).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.