Countries will not show a Disney movie – level 3
Disney hasn’t obtained permission to show its new Pixar movie ‘Lightyear’ in 14 countries in the Middle East and Asia, including Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Lebanon. It has a depiction of a same-sex couple.
Galyn Susman, the producer of the movie, said that Lightyear might not be able to open in China, either. The world’s largest movie market is there, and authorities asked for discounts that Disney declined to make.
In many countries that outright banned the movie, homosexuality is a crime. The United Arab Emirates claimed that the movie violated its media content standards for movies.
Lightyear debuts in the US and Canada on Friday, and it tells a story of young astronaut Buzz Lightyear. He tries to find a way back home after he is stranded on a hostile planet with his commander and crew.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.