Cows and Climate Change – level 1
In the USA, many people eat beef which is a meat from cows. It takes a lot of work to make beef. The work makes a lot of pollution and carbon dioxide. Other meats and foods take less work.
People worry about carbon dioxide. They worry that it can make the planet hotter. They think we need to stop eating so much beef. Then there can be less carbon dioxide.
American Democratic candidates think about this problem. However, other types of businesses make more pollution than beef businesses. For example, these are transportation or energy.
Difficult words: pollution (very dirty material that goes into the air or the water), carbon dioxide (a gas that leads to climate change), Democratic candidates (leaders who want to become US president and who believe that people need to help the environment).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.