CPR by Dog – level 3
Poncho, an eight-year-old cocker spaniel, went viral thanks to his life-saving CPR skills. At a display of police dog skills in Madrid, the dog ran to his partner when he collapsed lifeless on the floor.
The dog quickly began CPR, leaping and thudding onto the officer’s chest and even nestling his head onto the fallen policeman’s neck, as if he was checking for a pulse.
Poncho repeated the procedure until his friend revived, and the crowd roared with applause.
Difficult words: CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation – making the heart and breathing work again), leap (jump up high), thud (move, fall down), nestle (put something closely), revive (bring to life again), roar (be loud).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.