Cristiano Ronaldo Has Coronavirus – level 2
Cristiano Ronaldo is 35 years old, and he is one of the best soccer players in the world. He plays as a forward for Juventus and he is the captain of the Portugal national soccer team. Ronaldo has won the player of the year five times.
On Tuesday, the Portuguese Football Federation announced that Ronaldo was positive for COVID-19. On Sunday, he played in a match against France; however, he missed Wednesday’s match against Sweden. The Portuguese team underwent tests, and they all tested negative for COVID-19.
Ronaldo is the third member of the Portuguese team who got sick with COVID-19. He is currently in quarantine, and he is feeling good.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.