Dangerous Building Materials – level 2
The Grenfell Tower fire in London took place almost two years ago, and seventy-two people died in the catastrophe. Survivors and families of those who died are taking legal action against three companies in the USA.
The lawsuit says that a Whirlpool refrigerator was responsible for starting the fire. The materials on the walls of the building were made by companies Arconic and Celotex. The document says that the problem was that the materials burned really fast.
According to the Washington Post, all three companies said that they would work with authorities to investigate the fire.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.