Dangerous eye drops – level 2
According to US health officials, India-made eye drops probably caused the death of one person and harmed several others. The drops contained dangerous drug-resistant bacteria, which previously didn’t exist in the US.
A report said that 68 patients in 16 states got infected. They used eye drops and artificial tears, and authorities had to recall certain brands of these products. A woman in Florida sued a drug company after losing an eye due to an infection from their product.
Health officials advised affected individuals to find medical help if they experience negative symptoms. These symptoms are yellow or green discharge from the eye, pain, redness, bad vision, or sensitivity to light.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What is the best course of action for someone who experiences any of the negative symptoms mentioned by health officials?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.