Data on Sweet Drinks – level 2
A new study found that drinking soda leads to a greater risk for many causes of death. The study surveyed over 450,000 people in 10 European counties from 1992 to 2000.
The study found that people who drank two or more glasses of soda a day had higher chances of dying from certain diseases, and people who drank less than one glass of soda a day had less chances.
Experts said that drinking a lot of soda shows that you can have an unhealthy lifestyle. However, the study’s results were the same whether you were skinny, overweight, smoked, or did not smoke cigarettes.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.