Dead singers sing again – level 1
Modern technologies can make dead singers sing again. Their holograms can sing old hits and new songs, too.
The first performance of a hologram happens in 2012. People can see Tupac Shakur at a music festival. Tupac dies in 1996. Some people don’t like his hologram. They say that it is scary.
Other artists sing after they die. They are, for example, Frank Zappa or Amy Winehouse.
Some people think that the technology makes the artists seem alive. Other people think that this is only a way to make money.
Pop star Selena Quintanilla dies in 1995. Her family makes 24 albums with her songs since 1995. Her voice is different on the newest album. Modern technologies make her sound older.
Difficult words: hologram (a digital image of someone or something), performance (when you play or sing at a show, concert, or other event), alive (not dead).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos