Deepfakes and Politics – level 2
People can now use technology to manipulate videos or audio to make ‘deepfakes’. It is difficult for others to tell if the new media is fake.
Deepfakes worry American politicians because they say that people can use them to disrupt the election process in the 2020 elections.
This problem is difficult to control because social media is everywhere, and information spreads quickly on the Internet. Some people say that businesses should take deepfakes down if they are harmful to a person’s reputation. Others say that doing this limits free speech.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.