Deer Hits a Police Car – level 2
A deer in Kentucky ran into the road and hit a police car. The driver started to break, but he managed to keep control of the car. This incident serves as an example of what to do if you ever run into a deer.
A camera inside the car filmed the incident. You can see that the deer did a triple axel in the air. It landed back on the ground and ran away. It seemed to be fine.
Difficult words: brake (to slow down), serve (to show), axel (a turn in the air).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Has an animal ever hit your car?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos