Diego Maradona Dies – level 2
Diego Maradona was an Argentinian football legend. He died from a heart attack at the age of 60.
Millions of football fans loved Maradona for his amazing football skills. He became a star after the 1986 World Cup when he helped Argentina win the cup. All the world was impressed by Maradona´s performance against England. He scored an amazing goal that many people still remember today. Maradona spoke about the goal as the ´Hand of God´.
But Maradona´s private life was not so great. Maradona had problems with drugs and alcohol and several times, he was not allowed to play because of the problems. He stopped his football career in 1997.
Difficult words: legend (a person who is famous in a specific activity), impressed (when something is very good and it affects somebody deeply or strongly), performance (an activity or task that somebody does, usually in a play, sport or music).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.