Difficult Language – level 1
A lot of information about COVID-19 is on TV and the Internet. However, some information is too complicated. Some people do not understand it.
A US research company shows that health agencies and websites use difficult language. Some people do not know very much about health and medicine. These people do not understand the information about COVID-19. It can be a problem. It can slow down the fight with COVID-19.
It is important to use simple language. Children, who are 12 to 14 years old, must understand the language. However, the reality is different. The language is much more complicated. Doctors must explain many details to their patients. Doctors sometimes use pictures. Pictures help people understand.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.