Doctors separate twins – level 2
In 2018, twins Arthur and Bernardo Lima were born in a Brazilian village. They were not ordinary twins because their heads were joined together.
The twins shared part of the brain and the vein which takes blood to the heart. Doctors spent many months to plan a surgery to separate the boys. Thanks to virtual reality, doctors from different countries met and learn how to perform the real surgery.
The surgery happened in Rio de Janeiro, and almost 100 medical staff were part of it. Seven surgeries happened altogether, and the final surgery took more than 27 hours. After the surgery, the boys could finally look at each other.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.