Dog Adopts Piglets – level 3
Meet Linda, recent mother of six pups and now an adoptive mum to a litter of piglets. Her owner explained how this unique scenario came about.
The mother pig died but had already given birth, so he collected the piglets and brought them to his home where his dog had also had puppies. He put the babies together to see if the dog would accept them.
On the first day, she was a little hesitant, but she ended up giving the piglets milk. A week on, she would arrive of her own volition to feed the piglets.
Linda has now become something of a local attraction in the Cuban town of Playa Larga.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.