Dog Smells for Cash – level 3
A dog named Jessie has been trained to smell for ink on banknotes. In just five months working at Heathrow, an international airport in London, she has sniffed out over £1 million in smuggled cash.
She once discovered a haul of £350,000 in freight that was going abroad. Her handler calls her a ‘wonder dog’ and said that she knows she will only get her ball after she finds something, so she is motivated to work.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.