Dogs know how people feel – level 2
A new study shows that dogs can tell if someone feels happy or stress.
Dogs have a much better sense of smell than people. Dogs have more than 200 million nerves in the nose, but people have only about 50 million. Dogs also have a larger part of the brain which senses smell.
Some studies suggest that dogs know how we feel and when we are sick. We smell differently when we are sick or our emotions change, and dogs can easily recognize the change. Dogs can sense some types of cancer, and they also know if someone has the coronavirus.
Difficult words: nerve (a brain part that helps you sense the world), recognize (to know who someone or what something is), cancer (a disease in which some of the parts of the body start to grow without control).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.