Dolphin Language – level 1
A group of people from Sweden study dolphins. They want to understand the animals.
They record the sounds from 11 dolphins. Then they analyse the audio. They use special software. It is called artificial intelligence software. It is very complex and it is new.
The software may be able to understand the dolphins. If it works, people may be able to communicate with dolphins!
Difficult words: analyse (look at individual parts carefully), audio (a sound), complex (complicated), may be (there is a chance that this happens, but we do not know yet).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos