Dwarf Marathon Runner – level 3
To inspire young people with dwarfism, a math teacher and runner has set himself a challenge of running 12 marathons in 12 months.
John Young said that he gets emails and messages from families with young children with dwarfism who thank him for what he is doing. This is probably the most important part to him because when he was young, there were no role models for people with dwarfism.
Mr Young is one of only four athletes with dwarfism known to have completed a marathon. His challenge begins with a marathon in his home town of Boston on April 16th.
Difficult words: dwarfism (a medical condition of being unusually short and with unusual facial and/or physical features).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos