eBay and the Brain – level 1
In London, eBay opens up a special place. People learn about buying things there.
The place has two rooms with art. The people wear headsets. They look at the art. The headsets measure the brain. They measure how creative and happy the person is. The headset knows when a person likes something. At the end, eBay offers the people things which they may like.
eBay says that the brain’s relationship to shopping is important. It helps people buy what they really want. It helps people buy things that make them happy.
Difficult words: headset (a machine which you wear on your head), creative (making original things), may (can).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos