Electric Planes – level 2
EasyJet, a British airline, is interested in using electric airplanes. It already has a two-seater prototype and plans to build a 120-seater plane in 10 years.
The electric planes would have a range of around 530 kilometres, so people could only use them for short flights. However, short flights make up around 20% of EasyJet’s flights.
EasyJet says that electric aircraft could be revolutionary. If clean electricity is generated, there is no need for fossil fuels. Battery-powered planes also claim to be 10% cheaper for airlines, as well as 50% quieter, too.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.