Elon Musk fires 3,700 people – level 1
Elon Musk buys Twitter. He pays 44 billion dollars for it. Many changes happen. Musk fires some of Twitter’s top chiefs. He also fires 3,700 other people.
All Twitter employees get a message from Musk. The message says that every person will get an email soon. In the email, they will know if they lose their job.
Some people can’t get into their company account. Then they know that they lose their job. Some media say that Musk wants to fire even more people.
Another big change happens. Twitter users can pay eight dollars a month for a blue tick mark. This tick mark is next to their name on Twitter. The tick mark means that Twitter verifies the account.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.