European Union regulates AI – level 2
Europe is ready to make a deal which will regulate artificial intelligence (AI). The deal will tell governments how to use AI in biometric surveillance and AI systems like ChatGPT.
It is an important moment for Europe which establishes rules about AI in the world. According to the deal, models such as ChatGPT, and general-purpose AI systems (GPAI) will have to be transparent before they enter the market. There must be technical documentation which will follow EU copyright law. Besides this, new AI models will have to go through many tests and governments must report all incidents to the European Commission.
Governments will have only limited possibility to use real-time biometric surveillance, allowed only in specific crime cases or terrorist attacks.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the regulations and limitations outlined in Europe's deal on AI?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.