Eurozone economy – level 2
The eurozone, a group of 20 countries, had a hard time growing its economy last year. It almost went into a recession.
Germany is a significant contributor to the euro area, but it had big problems last year. This caused the whole area to not grow much. Experts say that it is because of problems in Germany’s business and trade with other countries. The United States, another big economy, did much better. While both areas faced higher prices, the US grew by 2.5%, while the eurozone only managed around 0.5%. There were also strikes and protests about high prices, and experts think things might not get much better until 2025.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What factors contributed to the slow growth of the eurozone's economy last year and what are experts predicting for the future?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.