Explosion in Bavaria – level 2
In Germany, there was a huge explosion at an oil refinery. The oil refinery is in the State of Bavaria, not far from the city of Ingolstadt.
The explosion injured at least eight people, and another 1,800 temporarily had to evacuate. No one yet knows what caused the explosion.
Difficult words: huge (very big), oil refinery (a ‘factory’ where people turn oil into petrol, wax or diesel oil), temporarily (for some time).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos