Explosion in Iran – level 1
Many Iranians use gas water heaters. They are not very safe. They can explode. One water heater explodes recently. It is in a building. The building falls down.
Ten people die. Five people are injured. The explosion is one of the worst in Iran. People look for survivors.
Difficult words: gas water heater (a thing which makes hot water by burning gas), injured (have problems with the body), survivor (somebody who survives – lives through something very bad).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos