Explosion in Iran – level 2
In Iran, there was a water heater explosion in a two-storey building, and the explosion caused the building to collapse. Ten people died and five were injured.
The incident happened 885 kilometres north east of the country’s capital of Tehran, and rescue operations continue at the location.
Many Iranians use gas heaters which are not very safe. This incident is one of the deadliest in Iran.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.