Extreme Weather in Britain – level 3
A year ago at the same time of this year, Britain was facing the ‘Beast from the East’ – a period of cold weather when temperatures dropped to -8.9° Celsius in parts of the south.
The cold brought widespread disruption and even froze the fountains in Trafalgar Square.
However, last week saw Londoners having picnics in the parks with a day as high as 21.2° Celsius last Monday. The day was the UK’s warmest February day on record, beating the previous record of 19.7° Celsius from 1998. It remains to be seen what kind of weather this summer will bring.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.