Face projection – level 2
A Japanese artist found a way to project expressions onto people’s faces, so he created a facial mask.
He and his team showed their 3D facial projection to a group of people in Tokyo. Traditional Japanese culture, animation and technology inspired the team. The team also discovered that projecting a symmetrical face feels unnatural. So they project an asymmetrical face instead.
The artist and his team are looking for investors, so they can take their project to the next level.
Difficult words: symmetrical (both sides of something symmetrical are exactly the same), unnatural (looking not real), asymmetrical (not symmetrical).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
What would you like to have projected on your face?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.