Factory Cannot Open – level 2
Tesla’s CEO, Elon Musk, is thinking that he will move the company´s California factory. Tesla has a factory in Alameda County, California, and health officials said that factories in this county cannot reopen yet.
California has started to ease coronavirus restrictions that have lasted since the end of March. The country´s authorities said that factories can start to reopen; however, health officials in each county must agree with it. Officials in Alameda County decided that factories cannot reopen, which made Musk very angry. Musk said that he would move the factory to Nevada or Texas, because these countries have less strict rules.
Officials said that they were working on a safety plan with Tesla; however, the company says that it is not true.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.