Fake Facebook Accounts – level 2
Facebook deleted three networks of accounts in Russia, Iran, Vietnam, and Myanmar. These networks were not connected. Facebook said that they wanted to manipulate people and that they gave false information.
The biggest campaign was in Russia. Individual people acted as local people, and they posted false information about local and political news. They focused mostly on Ukraine. Facebook investigated the identities of these people and found out that these people had links to the Russian military.
The campaign in Iran was smaller; however, the idea was similar. Individual people posted false information about the US. In Myanmar and Vietnam, people created false groups, and they criticized some companies.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.