Fantastic Animation of Planes – level 2
An amazing animation shows the busy airspace above Europe during summer. Small white points represent airplanes on their way.
The animation uses information from radar data on June 21st, 2013, and flight plans from July 28th, 2013. There are on average 30,000 flights across Europe every day in July. These flights cover a combined distance of 25 million nautical miles (over 46 million kilometers).
The video features two London airports. On June 21st, 5,675 airplanes departed and arrived from British airports.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What were the busiest two airports for the visualization of this animation?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.