Feeding babies – level 3
The benefits of breastfeeding have been documented for years; however, it can be emotionally and physically overwhelming.
According to the WHO, less than 50% of babies are breastfed for long enough. Some of the challenges stem from societal issues, for example, a lack of support, a lack of paid leave, or no lactation rooms at work.
According to some experts, formula companies mislead people about the benefits of their products. They claim that the baby might sleep better, be calmer, or be more intelligent. A 2022 WHO report accuses companies of manipulating consumers and flooding the market. Formula companies also work through trusted sources like doctors. Doctors get incentives if they prescribe their products and companies pay for conferences or other social events.
Some experts say that the support for parents has to change, so they have the opportunity to make informed decisions about how to feed their children.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What are some of the challenges that breastfeeding parents face?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.