Festival of Light – level 1
Quito is a city in Ecuador. People organise the Festival of Light there every year. It is bigger every year. This year, more than two million people come.
The festival celebrates Ecuador’s important historic day. This is the day when Ecuador became a country. It was not a Spanish land anymore.
There are 19 light installations at the festival.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.